JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said that Sunday’s suicide bomb blast at the Bethel Injil Sepenuh church in Solo, Central Java, on Sunday proved that terrorist threats in Indonesia still existed.
“With view of today’s incident, I must say that terrorist threats still exist in our country,” the president said in a press conference here on Sunday evening. He said that the terrorist threats were real threats.
“These threats are real. If I have always reminded to watch out for terrorism threats, it does not mean that I was exaggerating,” Yudhoyono said.
A bomb exploded at the Bethel Injil Sepenuh church at 10.55 after a congregation held their service on Sunday morning, killing one people and injuring 22 others.
Earlier, Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Djoko Suyanto said a man was killed and 14 others injured in a suicide bomb blast at the Bethel Injil Sepenuh church in Solo, Central Java on Sunday.
“One person was killed on the scene,” he said in a press conference at his office here. Some of the injured were still being treated at hospitals while the others had been allowed to go home.
“I have just received a report that three of the injured have been allowed to go home,” he said. He stated police were still combing the area around the church and identifying suspicious near the crime